Be The ChangeThe Netherlands
co-creating transformational community & culture
Be The Change Weekend: 30th August – 1st September, 2019
Be The Change Weekend + a Deeper Dive into Conscious Community: 30th August – 4th September, 2019
Be The Change is a gathering exploring how we can live our full aliveness, cultivate conscious communities, and co-create a world that works for all life!
Be The Change is:
- a celebration of the joy, creativity, and liberation of living authenticity
- a laboratory for transformational learning and collective empowerment
- a call to embody your gift of service in the world
Together, we explore a range of approaches & practices for whole-person & whole-system transformation, including:
Personal / Inner Transformation
- Deepening Self-Connection & Self-Empowerment
- Internal Family Systems • Parts Work
- Clarifying Life Purpose & Vision
- Meditation & Mindfulness
- Authentic Movement & Play
Interpersonal / Community Transformation
- Co-Creating Conscious Community
- Nonviolent Communication
- Conscious Touch & the Wheel of Consent
- Process Work
Systemic / World Transformation
- World Work
- Whole-System Social Change
- Collaborative Economics
- Ecovillage Design
Format: One of the most transformational aspects of Be The Change is its design. The gathering includes a facilitated flow of sessions, complemented by the empowerment of Open Space Technology -– an approach to group process fostering self-organization and leadership by all.
Through this format, all who attend the gathering are encouraged and supported to identify their own needs and authentic action. There are abundant and flexible opportunities for learning, sharing, co-creation, relaxation, play, and whatever else your heart desires…and you request!
Facilitation & Organizing Team
Karl Steyaert facilitates Be The Change gatherings worldwide. Passionate about personal and planetary transformation, for over 25 years he has guided community building, group process & conflict transformation in Asia, Europe and North America. Karl is a CNVC Certified Trainer in Nonviolent Communication (NVC), as well as facilitating Internal Family Systems, Process Work, Integral Practice, and other transformational modalities. Karl is founder of the Cultural Catalyst Network and you can find out more about him at www.karlsteyaert.com.
Jocelyn Ames is inspired by the transformational potential of communities based on a culture of trust and compassion. With a love for supporting individuals and groups to gain the skills and consciousness for a truly life-serving collaborative culture to emerge, she offers workshops, courses, 1-on-1 sessions and mediations based on Nonviolent Communication. You can read more about Jocelyn at www.becomingtogether.net.
Lukas Zillmer is passionate about helping people to regain physical and mental health and energy that has been lost through the modern life-style and out-dated belief systems. He does this through working 1on1 with people and collaborating with others to create spaces where healing and change can happen naturally, like in Be The Change.
Daisy Delgado: “I feel most alive when i meet people in honesty and vulnerability. Something so beautiful happens when we can be real together. It opens a door to growth, connection and love, this is where I most want to be. Be The Change is a place where we can live into these qualities together. I’m taking steps towards sharing Nonviolent Communication with others and facilitating NVC based mediations.”
Logistics & Registration
Cost: We aspire to make this gathering as financially accessible as possible. We also have certain costs, including renting the venue & accommodation, getting meals catered, and organizing and facilitating the gathering. So, we request a contribution on a sliding scale:
- Regular Contribution: covers the costs of venue, accommodation, meals, facilitation, and organizing
- Community Supporter: covers all above costs AND helps support people experiencing financial hardships
- Discounted Contribution: limited number of places available for people experiencing financial hardships (if it is not possible for you to contribute at the discounted rate, please make a Request for Financial Assistance on the registration form)
Two Options: We are offering two ways for people to attend Be The Change –– the Weekend, or the Weekend + a Deeper Dive into Conscious Community:
Be The Change Weekend
• A powerful introduction to co-creating transformational community & culture
Timing: 6pm Friday, August 30th – 5pm Sunday, September 1st
Location & Accommodation: Boswijk Instituut, 2 M, Beukenrodelaan, 3941 ZP Doorn, Nederland
Requested contribution (includes venue, facilitation, accommodation & meals):
250€ Regular Contribution / 325€ Community Supporter / 175€ Discounted Contribution
Be The Change + a Deeper Dive into Conscious Community
• A 5-day gathering, including the Weekend and going into a fuller exploration of personal, community & systemic transformation with a more intimate group (maximum 12 participants)
Timing: 6pm Friday, August 30th – 5pm Wednesday, September 4th
Location & Accommodation (for the 3 additional days): To be confirmed
Requested contribution (this includes the Weekend + 3 additional days of venue & facilitation):
400€ Regular Contribution / 500€ Community Supporter / 300€ Discounted Contribution
Registration: The number of spaces is limited for both the Weekend and the Deeper Dive gathering. To reserve a place, click on the link below and complete the registration process.